Why does konqueror access the wallet?

Christoph Ludwig cludwig at cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Aug 7 12:05:14 BST 2005

Hi,

On Aug 5, 2005, LeVA <leva at az.isten.hu> wrote:
> 2005. augusztus 5. 20:05,
> Christoph Ludwig <cludwig at cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
> -> kde at kde.org,:
>> since I upgraded to kde 3.4.2, konqueror accesses my wallet each time I
>> read the Heise newsticker <url:http://www.heise.de/newsticker/>. AFAICT,
>> konqueror 3.3 did not do that.
>>
>> I'd like to know what information konqueror wants to retrieve from the
>> wallet because there is no need to enter a password etc. at the Heise
>> site. I am not comfortable with the idea that konqueror accesses my
>> password protected data for no obvious reason. Can anyone tell me how to
>> log the communication between konqueror and kwallet?
>
> Try to check in the kwalletmanager that there is an entry for that URL,
> which is asking for password. You can do it by looking in the `Form Data'
> folder in your currently used wallet, and open the `Maps' entry in the
> tree.

thanks. There was no entry for above mentioned URL in the 'Form Data'
folder. I had an entry named 'www.heise.de' in the 'Password' folder,
though. After I removed this entry, konqueror does not open the wallet
anymore when I browse to the Heise newsticker. I do not recall when the
entry in the 'Password' folder was created. It is likely that I once
created it manually because the Heise site was never password protected.
(The account data in the 'Password' folder was for some service located on
the Heise site unrelated to the newsticker.)

Is it really the intended behaviour that konqueror seeks data from the
wallet even if the URL in question is not password protected and it is not
among the URLs in the 'Form Data' folder?

Regards

Christoph