A common Bookmark database

Rikard Johnels rikard.j at rikjoh.com
Sun Aug 7 20:15:43 BST 2005

On Sunday 07 August 2005 19.58, d gleba wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:
> >On Saturday 06 August 2005 07:10, John R. Sowden wrote:
> >>I would like to know if there is a way to consolidate the three bookmark
> >>databases (kde, konqueror, and  Firefox).  I assume that the kde one (on
> >>the top menu of the desktop) is the same as the konqueror, so the issue
> >> is firefox.  Is the data format the same? Is there a config command that
> >> allows me to put the bookmark files wherever I want?  If I have both (ff
> >> and kong) open, would there be a conflict?
> >
> >Konqueror uses the XBEL bookmark format like a couple of other browsers.
> >Unfortunately Mozilla decided to use their own format, something RDF based
> > if I remember correctly.
> >So they cannot be shared by using the same file.
> >
> >But there will be no conflict if you have more than one browser in use
> >simulatinuously.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Kevin

> I don't understand why someone would reply by saying it is not possible.
> Just because they don't know how to do it, this type of reply usually
> kills the
> thread.
>
> Get a bookmarks.yahoo.com account and import all three into it.
> Export the combined file and you have a consolidated file.

Checked google and found BookmarkBridge.
Its a program that is supposedly able to sync bookmarks between different
systems

/From the README file :

**                          BookmarkBridge 0.72                            **
**                   Copyright 2003-2004 by Ken Schenke                    **
**                  http://bookmarkbridge.sourceforge.net                  **

Thank you for your interest in BookmarkBridge!

BookmarkBridge is a small, easy to use, multi-platform, GUI-based utility that
allows the user to share bookmarks between all their browsers. The user runs
it periodically to synchronize between the browsers.