A common Bookmark database

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Aug 7 14:22:26 BST 2005

On Saturday 06 August 2005 07:10, John R. Sowden wrote:

> I would like to know if there is a way to consolidate the three bookmark
> databases (kde, konqueror, and  Firefox).  I assume that the kde one (on
> the top menu of the desktop) is the same as the konqueror, so the issue is
> firefox.  Is the data format the same? Is there a config command that
> allows me to put the bookmark files wherever I want?  If I have both (ff
> and kong) open, would there be a conflict?

Konqueror uses the XBEL bookmark format like a couple of other browsers.
Unfortunately Mozilla decided to use their own format, something RDF based if
I remember correctly.
So they cannot be shared by using the same file.

But there will be no conflict if you have more than one browser in use
simulatinuously.

Cheers,
Kevin

--