Cannot update/modify Kmenu

news at elke-joerg.de news at elke-joerg.de
Tue Aug 2 12:24:44 BST 2005

s s wrote:

>>I have the same problem. When I add a new item (no
>>matter if it is a program
>>or a separator) with the menu editor I get the save
>>and update system dialog,
>>but the menu is not changed. Also new installed
>>programs do not appear in the
>>kmenu. Since this problem appears only for one of my
>>users, this seems to be
>>a configuration problem.
>>

>Do you know how that configuration is different from
>the others? I didn't think I had changed that mcuh
>from the default configuration, and I didn't notice
>the problem until I upgraded to KDE 3.4.0

I don't think that this is problem of the
~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu configuration file.
After deleting it, i still have the same kmenu. Then I inserted a separator
with the menu editor. After saving, I get a new
~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu file. In the new file I see the
separator, but my kmenu is not changed.

How mentioned above, other users on my machine can change their kmenus. So my
question is: How can I tell the kmenu to take care about the user changes in
~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu?