ANother KDE 3.4 bug... with minimized windows.

s s greatredshark at yahoo.ca
Tue Apr 26 16:43:09 BST 2005

--- Justin Denick <justin.denick at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had the same problem on a Gentoo box.
> What distro are you using?

Slackware.

> I believe the way I fixed it was to remove all
> applets and other such
> junk from the task bar , then put them back.

I seperated my taskbar to the bottom of the screen,
and all other crap (KWeather, KMoon, etc...) to
another panel at the top of the screen.

> Also, when adding an icon to the quick launch bar it
> wouldn't go where
> I drug it to, but rather way off to the left.

Hmm... interesting... I guess if I still used
Quicklaunch, I'd be even MORE irritated..

> So it would appear that the window was *showing up*
> in the task bar,
> but could have been behind another pane? Maybe? Who
> knows, but the
> afore said trick worked for me.

Yeah that's what it looks like: Two windows get
minimized to the same location in the taskbar, and one
is on top of the other... they are not getting lined
up side by side properly.

All in all, I'm seeing way more bugs in KDE 3.4 than
in any previous version (alright, I've only been using
it for 2 years)... 3.4 seems like a step back.. if
this keeps up I'm just going to downgrade to 3.3.2
until 3.4.* is released. I haven't noticed any
radically new and major features yet, so I don't think
I'll lose much.