ANother KDE 3.4 bug... with minimized windows.

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 13:58:01 BST 2005

I had the same problem on a Gentoo box.
What distro are you using?

I believe the way I fixed it was to remove all applets and other such
junk from the task bar , then put them back.

Also, when adding an icon to the quick launch bar it wouldn't go where
I drug it to, but rather way off to the left.

So it would appear that the window was *showing up* in the task bar,
but could have been behind another pane? Maybe? Who knows, but the
afore said trick worked for me.

On 4/26/05, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper <vR at movingparts.net> wrote:
> On Monday 25 April 2005 23:14, s s wrote:
> > Another bug with KDE 3.4... some minimized windows do
> > not appear in the Taskbar. Has anyone else seen that?
> > It's a pretty consistent (but not 100%) problem.
> >
> I don't suppose you have Configure Taskbar | Taskbar | "show windows from all
> desktops" unchecked, do you?
>
> --
>
> ,-----------------------------------------------------------------//
> | Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper ::  Numbers 6:22-26
>  `
>  | All brontosauruses are thin at one end, much MUCH thicker
>  | in the middle, and then thin again at the far end.  That is
>  | the theory that I have and which is mine, and what it is too.
>  ,

Got Gentoo?

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                -- Mark Twain