Kong bug or is there a setting that needs changing?

Gary L. Greene Jr. greeneg at arklinux.org
Thu Apr 21 01:28:38 BST 2005

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 11:58 pm, Justin Denick wrote:
> Hey, I hate to point out the obvious........ but......... um.........
> Why not just use firefox?
> It's open source and actually quite skinable, which (as I depart)
> someting konq just can't do. At least for now. :-)

And never will be. KDE isn't about skinning and such. It's about creating a
uniform, well integrated desktop experiance. While skins may be cool, they do
not portray a well integrated professional looking desktop. Normally with
Firefox I tend to force it to have as close of a theme to KDE as I can get to
make it look less the sore thumb on the desktop.

> On 4/20/05, John <john_82 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> > I've only tried it with one tab open in firefox (just)  but it works
> > perfectly. Hate to say it but for some reason firfox loaded up the ebay
> > home page a lot quicker than konq does.
> > If anybody wants to try this there is no need to actually place a bid.
> > Hit bid now. This takes you to either a login window or a bid entry
> > window. Hit bid in the bid now window and the next window asks
> > for the bid to be confirmed. Just close the window at that point.
> > Unless you want to bid!
> > On download speed when I use firfox I get 524 kbps and 494 kbps
> > when I use Konq!!!!! That's using the tiscali speed test  page that can
> > be easily found via google. Tiscali's connections are allways generous.
> >
> > Regards
> > John
> >
> > On Wednesday 20 April 2005 14:16, you wrote:
> > > Can this bug be repeated in Firefox?
> > > If so it would elimate the probability that the issue is specific to
> > > Konq.

Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from uriel
 00:25:40 up 2 days, 16:02,  8 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.16, 0.22

Developer for Ark Linux
 check out http://www.arklinux.org/ for more info.
EMAIL : greeneg at arklinux.org