K3b says "no suitable writer found" if run as normal user

Jes Hall jes.hall at kdemail.net
Wed Apr 20 05:07:26 BST 2005

> Jes, the very place to look for issues concerning an upgrade or an
> apparent fault directly associated with an app which we all use and
> know would be the very list to which this individual posted his
> problem. Condescension and ridicule, though as constructive as it
> might be, serves less than would a directive pointer.

I gave him a directive pointer :) The page written by the app's authors on
the exact problem this app has with his kernel version can hardly be
considered not relevant, no? :) As far as ridicule goes, I'm afraid you're
getting worked up over nothing.  It's darn near impossible to determine
tone or mood in text only communication and I find much easier to take
what people say at face value. The best place for him to look for k3b
kernel issues is the page detailing k3b kernel issues, there is no malice
in this statement. It's just a fact :) It's also very true that
researching before upgrading something as important as your kernel will
save you grief.

Teaching someone to look in other places for an answer can surely not be a
bad thing. Google and help documentation and many other sources are there
as well as mailing lists, and looking at all of them instead of focusing
on one source can get you a more accurate answer quicker. I can only
assure you my intention was not to ridicule - I'm certainly not so subtle
about it.

JH