konqueror and size of the previewed image

mlists at kopoczynski.pl mlists at kopoczynski.pl
Tue Apr 19 17:58:14 BST 2005

>On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:41 pm, qrto at poczta.onet.pl wrote:
>> Ok, there's this thing, i've bunch of "big" pictures,1600x1200 for example.
>> Is there a way to convince konqueror, to resize them to, say, 1024x768,
>> when previewing them ?
>
>You will have to be clearer about what you want. When Konq previews images it
>only shows a small thumbnail so I dont think you mean previews per se. If you
>mean previewing in an embedded image viewer then it will depend on which
>embeddable image viewer you are using.
>Previewing in;
>1) The default embedded image viewer will show the image full size but with
>scrollbars.
>2) The kview embedded viewer shows the image full size but you have a zoom box
>on the toolbar with + and - buttons each size.
>
>3) In the Gwenview embeddable component will fit the image to the size of
>konqs viewing area but with an Autozoom button on the toolbar. Turning the
>autozoom off will show the image fullsize with scroll bars.
>
>Other image viewers may have embeddable components that act differently but
>changing from 1600 to 1200 by default is a bit silly as the images would
>still be to big in most cases. Wouldn't the autosize/autozoom of the gwenview
>component be more sensible?
>
>--
>regards,
>andrew

(i had to change my email and resubscribe, sorry for that)

Ye, you understood me correctly. Thanx for a nice tool, didn't know gwenview and it's really nice, but... That's not what i meant, what i want to achieve is resized image in konqueror's ebedded image viewer. I am already using external app for resizing, display -resize 1024x768 works perfect, but i was wondering if i can get resizing with embedded image viewer.

qrto