Firefox Problem

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 18 15:23:24 BST 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:44 pm, John wrote:
> The sam site's revision sections are definitely fine under WINDOWS.

They are fine under konqueror as well. It seems that you do not have java
working on your machine. The applet in question is a small applet that times
and marks your excercise. Either fix java in the kde control centre or
download at least v1.4.2 from sun or off a CD.

As to the drop down menus in konq I can only get them to display if the
browser identity is set to any IE version but they all display on the left
hand side of the page. They also dont work in ANY linux or Windows browser
except Internet Explorer so it is very bad coding especially considering the
rate at which Firefox is climbing in the windows arena.

As for downloading firefox I dont know what your problem is as all you have to
do is click on a link and choose a location to save it to. If for some reason
that tries to open in your browser just drag the link to the desktop and
choose copy although really you should go to file-associations in the kde
control centre and make sure you have a save to disk option for the archive
type .gz

--
regards,
andrew