I see alive fish://

Furry Ball furryball at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:22:03 BST 2005

I have been using KDE from 1.x and *uh*?

I have never even heard about that one before! I just tried it out and WHOA.

Why the duck isn't that feature documented better and talked more
about? Really. It's a) simple b) seems to be working damn well c)
works aok cross-platfrom (cygwin-openssh is very fast and well
behaving software, beats SAMBA tweaking for hours any day).

I couldn't find (just checked out) any mention of the feature from the
KDE User Guide. Just some talk about the other ways.. (I might have
also missed it though.) Fish:// should imho be the recommended #1 way
to share files between computers! (After they have been found, but
that's not an issue for at least me.) It's quite intuitive at least
for me (who likes building urls, it's fast and handy).

Thank you for your blog entry, aseigo! I will keep using that system
and remove the other stuff (that I have fought endless hours with)
from my system.