kcmshell clock shows incorrect timezone

d gleba dgleba at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 8 03:51:46 BST 2005

I was fine before the change to EDT.
Now, the clock in the bottom corner is 4 hours off.

I right click and select adjust date and time.
In that screen things are messed up.
-The clock is 4 hours ahead; the current time zone is UTC.
-the change time zone selection is correct; america detroit.

/etc/timezone is america/detroit.

Help.

I don't even understand how to state the problem in a few consise words.

1.
How about this:
current time zone in kcmshell clock is UTC, but it should
be
america/detroit as listed /etc/timezone.

Some command output:

dg at 2[dg]$ date
Wed Apr 6 22:09:29 UTC 2005
dg at 2[dg]$ su
Password:
root at 2[dg]# rdate time.nrc.ca
Wed 06 Apr 2005 10:23:40 PM UTC
root at 2[dg]# tzconfig
Your current time zone is set to America/Detroit
Do you want to change that? [n]:
Your time zone will not be changed
root at 2[dg]#

David