kde upgrades = risks, hassles, annoyances.

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Thu Apr 7 16:46:57 BST 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:23:08 -0400
Justin Denick <justin.denick at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, gentoo is the way to go. :-) And contrary to popular belief,
> Gentooers are not anit-debian. I run kde-3.4.0r1 side by side with kde
> 3.3.2 and I am now confident enough to remove the older version from
> my system.

and that 3.4rc1 uses the same settings/rc files as 3.3.2? did you clone them?
how do you make 3.4 the new "stable" installation once you decide to abandon
3.3.2? do I *have* to compile or can I install precompiled packs to non
default locations? (I know how most of you people think about compiling, but
I don't have the time for that and am just fine with -march=i686)

Dex