Simple Text Editor gone after upgrade to 3.3

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Tue Sep 28 21:14:32 BST 2004

I upgraded to 3.3 with 'yum upgrade' and found that the "Simple Text
Editor" (aka kedit) has disappeared from my K menu. The program remains on my
hard drive and because I had stuck an icon on my task bar, it's still there,
but that's the only way I was able to find/start it and figure out what it's
real name was (never started it from the command line before).

Now, since kedit is already unreasonably slow on my fairly new hardware (~4
months old and it takes a visible pause to open and draw its window -- a text
editor, for crying out loud!!!), I certainly hope the wizards at KDE aren't
going to try to deprecate kedit and expect people to use KWrite, which is an
even slower application.

Has kedit just been misplaced or was that an intentional removal, do you
think?

Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com