Can not disable anti-aliasing

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Sep 25 01:39:17 BST 2004

Daniel Belz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I went to "Control Center" -> "Appearance & Themes" -> Fonts and
> unchecked
>
> [ ] Use anti-aliasing for fonts
>
> Then I log out and log in again and...
>
> Anti-aliasing is still on! I go to the Control Center and the option is
> selected again! Why does my KDE select this option on his own again?
>
> Any idea?

To remember (and use) your user specific AA configuration, a file
"$HOME/.fonts.conf" must be written.  What are the permissions of your $HOME
directory.  Unless there is some reason for having it different, it should be
owned by <user>:<user> and have permissions >= 700:

E.G. from my system:

[jrt at localhost home]$ ls -ld jrt
drwxr-xr-x   65 jrt      jrt          4096 Sep 24 17:33 jrt

--
JRT