Kmail & Knode problem

Fabien3D creafab at free.fr
Sun Sep 12 17:04:36 BST 2004

Le samedi 11 Septembre 2004 22:19, Thomas Cuny a écrit :
> On Saturday 11 September 2004 14:31, creafab at free.fr wrote:
> > Hi !
> > I've just installed Mandrake 10.0 official, and I've tried to launch
> > Kmail and Knode. For the first soft, it seems like everything works fine,
> > but when I click on any folder, Kmail crashes. I've checked its
> > configuration, but it looks like nothing's wrong. For Knode, the
> > execution doesn't event work !
> >
> > Any idea ?
Now it works ! Let's see what I did :
- I removed the Kmail package. When I reinstalled it, the Install Software
program told me several dependencies were missing (kdepim-kmail soft and
libraries). It dowloaded them from a mirror site and finally installed Kmail.
- I tried the same procedure with Knode, but a dependency problem helped me
from installing the News reader. The missing package was
kdepim-common-xxx.rpm. I downloaded it, installed it with several other rpms
from the MDK CD's. But at the end of the process, Knode didn't launch.

Eventually, this afternoon, I realized Kontact gathered both Kmail and Knode.
Even the kmail command in a console window lauches Kontact. So, everything
works fine now, and I know a few more things about KDE !

Thanks everyone !

--
Fabien3D

CREAFab, la création numérique autrement...
http://creafab.free.fr