url-link with firefox

Alex Nordstrom alexander.nordstromDONT_CC_ME at tpg.com.au
Thu Sep 9 02:50:14 BST 2004

On Thursday, 9 Sep 2004 02:07, Andrea Magatti wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 September 2004 15:06, Alex Nordstrom wrote:
> > That stated, what distribution are you using, and what
> > is its process for launching firefox?
>
> Slackware 9.1, kde3.2.3 (from source), kernel 2.6.7(from source)
>
> > I'm using Debian Unstable, and as far as I can tell, it is working
> > the way you want it to work,
>
> you mean that firefox open a new tab in same window, or another
> window?

By default, it opens in a new window (but in the same instance). I have
it set to open in a new tab, though. I just changed the line

open_in=window

open_in=tab

in the firefox startup shell script. Looks like there's meant to be a
more elegant way to do it by setting an environment variable. That way
it wouldn't be global to the system, and wouldn't get wiped on updates,
but I haven't been able to get that to work yet.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/