Annoying problem with new windows and virtual desktops

Elena Lazar ela at cs.tuiasi.ro
Tue Sep 7 20:42:44 BST 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Clinton E. Troutman wrote:

> > How can I setup KDE so each window opens in the virtual desktop from where
> > the opening action was initiated?

I am using multiple instances of the same application for different
purposes, in different virtual desktops. For example:

- Konsole #1 (multiple sessions/tabs) in desktop #1 for managing server1
- Konsole #2 (multiple sessions/tabs) in desktop #2 for reading mail,
other stuff
etc.

The annoying thing is that after I log in, in desktop #1 I start
first Konsole which appears directly in desktop #2. The same for Kopete
chat windows (I want personal chats in desktop #2, professional related
one in destop #1, etc). And so on.

Ela