No KDE 3.3 from Mandrake?

mmodem00 at netvisao.pt
Mon Sep 6 02:27:37 BST 2004

Em Segunda, 6 de Setembro de 2004 02:07, o Alex Nordstrom escreveu:
> On Monday, 6 Sep 2004 07:16, Zé wrote:
> > There arent packages og kde3.3 for mandrake, in cooker there still
> > are kde3.2.3.
> > so what i suggest (that is what i do), is to have the kde installed
> > of mandrake, and then to have the latest kde and still have the menus
> > in menudrake, is to download the sources from ftp.kde.org and compile
> > them that they will overwrite the kde binarys installed.
>
> Overwrite the binaries provided by the package management system of your
> distribution with locally compiled files? That's what /usr/local is
> for. I'm beginning to suspect what the origin of some of the bizarre
> KDE and KMail problems you seem to be having might be.

Well ur completly wrong, cause i just installed now kmail-1.7, still yesterday
i was using kmail-1.6.2.
Now the only diference is that im using kmail-1.7 compiled from sources. cause
Mandrake doesnt have it.
But talking about the kmail bug, that displays many messages (html or text) in
blank, in kmail-1.7 the problem continues.

And by the way, it overwrites the kdepim binarys cause by default intalls them
in /usr/bin, theres no need to specify --prefix=/usr/local because this
configure by default installs them in the kde dir that is known by doing the
command kde-config --prefix

Tipicall of you being guessing...