No KDE 3.3 from Mandrake?

Alex Nordstrom alexander.nordstromDONT_CC_ME at tpg.com.au
Mon Sep 6 02:07:42 BST 2004

On Monday, 6 Sep 2004 07:16, Zé wrote:
> There arent packages og kde3.3 for mandrake, in cooker there still
> are kde3.2.3.
> so what i suggest (that is what i do), is to have the kde installed
> of mandrake, and then to have the latest kde and still have the menus
> in menudrake, is to download the sources from ftp.kde.org and compile
> them that they will overwrite the kde binarys installed.

Overwrite the binaries provided by the package management system of your
distribution with locally compiled files? That's what /usr/local is
for. I'm beginning to suspect what the origin of some of the bizarre
KDE and KMail problems you seem to be having might be.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/