No KDE 3.3 from Mandrake?

mmodem00 at netvisao.pt
Mon Sep 6 00:16:07 BST 2004

Em Domingo, 5 de Setembro de 2004 23:49, o Shurajit Gopal escreveu:
> Hello!
>
> I am trying to upgrade the KDE 3.2 to KDE 3.3 on my Mandrake Linux 10. I
> visited http://download.kde.org/download.php?url=stable/3.3/  but on all the
> FTP sites I see only  Connectiva, Debian, SuSe, Yoper, Contrib and SRC
> folders.  I don't see one for Mandrake.  Which one of those folders would be
> most compatible with Mandrake Linux 10?

There arent packages og kde3.3 for mandrake, in cooker there still are
kde3.2.3.
so what i suggest (that is what i do), is to have the kde installed of
mandrake, and then to have the latest kde and still have the menus in
menudrake, is to download the sources from ftp.kde.org and compile them that
they will overwrite the kde binarys installed.

for example at this moment im using Kmail-1.7 from kde-3.3.0, and Mandrake
only haves kmeil-1.6.2 that is from kde 3.2.3