Konsole keypad emulation?

Bryan K. Wright bryan at ayesha.phys.Virginia.EDU
Wed Sep 1 15:08:05 BST 2004

Hi folks,

	In the past, konsole (and kvt) haven't properly emulated the
vt100 keypad.  I understand that this was because Qt didn't differentiate
between the keypad keys ("KP_8", for example) and the corresponding keys
on the main keyboard ("8", for example).  This has been a problem around
here, so I've had to "hide" konsole from my users and offer them xterm
instead.

	Konsole is really spiffy, however, so I'd like to be able
to let our users use it.  Has the keypad problem been solved yet?
Basically, all I want to be able to do is remap the keypad keys like
I do for xterms.  In the case of xterm, the mapping looks like this:

*xterm*VT100.Translations: #override\n\
        <KeyPress>Prior : scroll-back(1,page)\n\
        <KeyPress>Next : scroll-forw(1,page)\n \
        <Key>Home: string("\033OP") \n \
        <Key>KP_Divide: string("\033OQ") \n\
        <Key>KP_Multiply: string("\033OR") \n\
        <Key>KP_Subtract: string("\033OS") \n\
        <Key>KP_Add: string("\033Ol") \n\
        <Key>KP_7: string("\033Ow") \n\
        <Key>KP_8: string("\033Ox") \n\
        <Key>KP_9: string("\033Oy") \n\
        <Key>KP_4: string("\033Ot") \n\
        <Key>KP_5: string("\033Ou") \n\
        <Key>KP_6: string("\033Ov") \n\
        <Key>KP_1: string("\033Oq") \n\
        <Key>KP_2: string("\033Or") \n\
        <Key>KP_3: string("\033Os") \n\
        <Key>KP_0: string("\033Op") \n\
        <Key>KP_Decimal: string("\033On") \n\
        <Key>KP_Enter: string("\033OM") \n

This causes the keypad keys to produce the escape sequences for
a vt100's keypad in "application mode".

	Note that I DON'T want to remap the keys for all applications.
I just want this key mapping to apply to konsole.

	Thanks in advance for any help.

						Bryan

Bryan Wright                |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department          | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia      | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901  |
(434) 924-7218              |         bryan at virginia.edu