Tray icons can't park in Kicker

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Oct 30 00:00:09 BST 2004

I had a similar set of problems when I upgraded from KDE 3.1.3 to KDE 3.3.1.
The cause in my case was a corrupted $HOME/.kde/share/config/kickerrc file.

Delete all applications on the kicker panel and then have a look at kickerrc
You may well find some junk in the sections marked [ServiceButton_xx].  A
[ServiceButton_xx] is created and deleted for each application docked /
removed.  If all applications are deleted from kicker, there should be no
entries under [ServiceButton_xx]. Note that applets like Login/Lock are
located under [Applet_xx].

In addition, clear out the directory $HOME./kde/share/apps/kicker.

Hopes this helps.

Basil Fowler