Doesn't it make developers mad??

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 29 04:42:48 BST 2004

On Thursday 28 October 2004 20:19, J Hall wrote:
> >> This is something that comes up now and then, and perhaps we
> >> should make a FAQ entry about it.

snip...

> >> Like that coral though, we're tough, and growing, and even
> >> when we move on, we leave behind something to remember us by.
> >> Something we made together, as a community, but it wouldn't
> >> have been exactly the way it is, without each of our
> >> contributions shaping the whole.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> --
> >> Lauri Watts

snip..

> Slightly OT, I think I remember the name Lauri Watts from my
> first experiment of using KDE on linux quite a few years ago,
> before I had an internet connection. The documentation I read
> helped me gain confidence fast, and my computing and networking
> skills are where they are today because I didn't give up on linux
> when it was 'too hard' - I read the documentation wonderful
> people like you wrote instead. Because of my successful home
> linux experiment as a teenager I now make a good living from Unix
> support. God bless :)
>
> J Hall

Hi Jon,

boy, I would like to film you telling this story for our documentary
movie, the Digital Tipping Point.  Are you perchance flying to San
Francisco anytime in the next 90 days?

Any other developers out here in the SF bay area on this list with a
similar story?  We have already filmed Nat Friedman, Miguel de
Icaza, Brian Behlendorf, Maddog Hall, Don Becker, Ted T'so, and
others.

Christian Einfeldt
415-351-1300