Doesn't it make developers mad??

faraz khan faraz at frk2.homelinux.com
Thu Oct 28 21:46:06 BST 2004

I adore linux , I adore KDE and i adore the people who work on this (I do too,
but not much at all to be noticed). I am becoming a part of a company that
will become a OSS consultancy in Pakistan. I have a VERY basic and
philosophical question that has been raised by my investor and left
unanswered, maybe you can help me out.

He says: Using OSS, the Hardware vendor makes money- the consultant makes
money, supporter makes money.. EVERYBODY but the poor developer. He wants to
know how, without money, will these developers be able to sustain such
development?

I do my work just for fun.. gives me great pleasure in watching my programs
being used by others.. Dont you guys wish u would benefit off this too?
doesnt it make u mad that everybody else up the chain is reaping benefits but
not you?

Just looking for opinions.. I thought KDE might be the best place to ask since
this is ONE MAMMOTH of a OSS project- taking a lot of developer time.
--
Faraz Ruknuddin Khan
(+9221) 481.4230 (Voice)
faraz at frk2.homelinux.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge: knowledge is limited;
imagination encircles the world" Albert Einstein