kde-3.3 and opengl

Andrea Magatti magatz at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 10:11:42 BST 2004

Hi all,
seems like i have a strange problem.
I'm using gentoo for amd64 with a nvidia quadro fx500, i've installed nvidia
drivers. Kernel modules and nvidia drivers and extension work correctly ( as
detailed in xorg log files).
If i login in fluxbox or blackbox opengl works correctly (glxgears at 4000
fps), but if i try the same test after login in kde-3.3, glxgears runs at 20
fps ! even kde GL screensaver run very very slowly.
I was thinkingit could be a qt problem (ie: qt compiled without opengl
support), but i verified that opengl flag has been used during qt
compilation.

Any suggestion? (about kde configuration)

Thank