KDvi Doesn't Know Where to Find Fonts

徐冠鹏 leo_virgo at 263.net
Fri Oct 15 15:47:09 BST 2004

James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> From the information you provided, my best (educated, but still a) guess is
> that this is a font specific bug with that application, or it might be a general
> bug with CJK glyphs with that application.
>
> Could you please try a different font and see it it works correctly with a
> different font.

There are two kinds of available fonts in my system.
One of them is the "ugly" family of fonts I refered,
fonts from Arphic. So I added another family of fonts,
including the font "simsun". Fonts from Arphic can
works correctly actually.

However, it seems this is neither a font specific bug
with that application nor a general bug with CJK
glyphs with that application. I noticed that I put the
additonal fonts into /usr/local/share, not the default
directory /usr/share. And "xdvi" can generate pk-files
correctly, so I think KDvi may have some problems in
reading system configurations. I am a newbie of using
LaTeX and do not kown how to use user-provided fonts
exactly, so I do not test wether addtional fonts designed
for latin character can work correctly, and I just made
a guess as well.

Regard,
Guanpeng Xu