KDvi Doesn't Know Where to Find Fonts

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Oct 12 08:23:20 BST 2004

徐冠鹏 wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am dealing documents with CJK-LaTeX now, but not using
> default fonts. I added my addtional fonts into directory
> /usr/local/share/texmf. When opens a file using these fonts,
> I am told 'KDVI is currently generating bitmap fonts'. When
> this is finished, an error message 'KDVI was not able to
> locate all the font files which are necessary to display
> the current DVI file. Your document might be unreadable.'
> is encountered. The texts in those fonts are displayed as
> a single square ?. I did not find how to tell where the
> fonts are. However, xdvi can display correctly.
>
> How to solve this?

First, the unfortunate truth is that Qt doesn't find all fonts.  E.G. I have
Helvetica Narrow (Type1) and it simply ignores it.

I presume that these are CJK fonts.

What are the font names, are they Type1 or TrueType, and what encoding are you
using?

And specifically, are the font names in Latin (ISO-8859-1) or another encoding?

--
JRT