k3b without ide-scsi

LeVA leva at az.isten.hu
Fri Oct 8 09:19:22 BST 2004

2004. október 6. 13:37,
Dani Belz <kde at dan-b.net>
-> kde at mail.kde.org,:
> Hi,
>
> I have a DVD/CD-RW combo drive. I use kernel 2.6.9-rc3-mm2 without
> ide-scsi. Burning "directly" with cdrdao or cdrecord works perfectly
> fine. But k3b doesn't let me use my drive as burner. Only for reading
> :( When I want to burn a CD, the drop down list for the burning
> device is empty. How can I tell k3b to use my drive as burner, too?

Hi!

Don't forget that kernel-2.6.8.1 has an awful "feature" which won't let
you burn cds without root privileges. I don't know if this is changed
in the later (2.6.9*) kernel, but you should try to run k3b as root
(maybe with kdesu), and see if it is recognising your burner. Then you
should switch back to 2.6.7 if you want to use your cd writer :)

--
LeVA