Can I display Chinese character filenemes in an English-localised KFM?

Glenn Alexander glenalec at shoalhaven.net.au
Sat Oct 2 05:07:58 BST 2004

Hi,

I use KFM in English and my partner in Chinese. When I transfer files
from her home directory to mine, I can only see gobbledygook
characters for filenames. Can I make my English-localised KFM display
these as Chinese chars without changing to a Chinese language
environment?

Also same for Noatun filename/tag display (the files in question are
OGGs).

(KDE 3.2.3)

thanx,
Glenn Alexander
(B.Teach, B.Ed Major IT Education, University of Wollongong Australia)
Home site: http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~glenalec