KDE Task Bar - Expanding

Mark Miller mirell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 18:49:41 GMT 2004

I've been wanting to do something that I was previously able to do in
Windows until I switched to Linux over a year ago. It is quite simple,
and there seems to be no effective way to do it in KDE.

I want to place the taskbar/panel on the left of the screen, expand it
to about 300 pixels wide, and have it autohide.

With KDE, it seems to also expand the icons I have. This is useless to
me, and I just want greater size to be able to read what windows I
have on the taskbar, since I regularly have several windows open.

Is this possible to do, or did the KDE Developers never think of such a want?

--
Mark A. Miller
mark at mirell.org
(US) +1 512-796-3592