Kweather error.

Peter B Van Campen peterb at vancampen.org
Mon Nov 29 06:07:51 GMT 2004

On Sunday 28 November 2004 11:17 pm, Dag Rune Sneeggen wrote:
> I don't know if this is the correct and most suited list for Kweather
> issues, but its the best I could find.
>
> Anyway, during the two couple of last days, Kweather has been giving
> the following error, no matter which city I try to get the weather
> from: "The network is unavailable for use".
> I don't think this error is confined to just my machine, as it seems
> to not be able to connect to the website where it fetches the report.
> When i press on the icon, I get another error where it should show
> the detailed report.
> "Station reports that it needs maintenance.
> Please choose another one."
> If it were only one out of the <100 stations, I'd recon that was the
> case, but all of the stations shows this.
> And also, the weather icon is a cloud with a question mark on it hehe
> :D

Hi,

Same thing is happening here on my 3 SUSE (8.2, 9.2, 9.2) PCs. Mine show
the same icon and error, They all point to Chicago weather stations. I
have seen this before, and it only lasted a day or two. I also have
"Weather Bug on an XP machine thai is OK, but that application uses
private reporting stations.

PeterB