Gigabytes of unused Data?, was Re: KDE 3.3.1 seems to be gradually breaking down here

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Sun Nov 28 21:56:31 GMT 2004

On Sunday 28 November, 2004 22:26, Guido Pinkernell wrote:
> I think I have found a reason for all this. YaST2 says my main partition
> (8GBytes) is running out of space (99%), about 15MB left. I can't remember
> crashed several times in recent hours, so there seems to be loads of unused
> data.

Well, that, at least, is easy enough to check

du -hcx / > report.txt

Will give you a pretty complete on where you harddisk space have gone.

8GB is not much in these days and times, though. I usually recoomend at least
15GB... but that's another thing.

As for the non-working KDE apps: try running them from a console. It might
give you useful information. Otherwise, it sounds  a bit like a replaced
system library --- had you run Gentoo, I would know how to check and fix
that, but SuSE is not exactly my specialty.

--
regards, Esben