firewire no go

john brennan-sardou johnbs at tele2.fr
Fri Nov 26 10:32:54 GMT 2004

hello;
    I have just installed fedora three and it works like a dream.
However my firewire under kde is not seen. When fedora starts it
recognises the card and the make of the card but when I get into kde the
dvgrab "can't find a handle" and in the Info section the card is not
shown at all. I have tried this with two cards one from Pinnacle and the
other with a Via chipset. No go. So what does one do? My video camera is
full of clips to download.
          Thanking you in advance
                                                         John Brennan-sardou