artsd and multiple users

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Nov 21 00:41:54 GMT 2004

Tomasz Grobelny wrote:
> Is it possible to run one artsd for multiple users (I have only one soundcard
> device)?

Yes, but AFAIK only one can use it at a time which is fine for a desktop system
where you switch from one user to another.

To have it switch between users you should set: "Auto-suspend if idle after" to
"1 seconds" in the "General" tab in the: "Sound System" KCM.

Be sure that you have the permissions for the sound devices set correctly and
that PAM doesn't screw things up.

--
JRT