man page for dcop

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Nov 18 21:07:04 GMT 2004

On Thursday 18 November 2004 21:36, Chris Gow wrote:
> On November 18, 2004 03:10 pm, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > >
> > > I would like to know how to pass arguments of different types to dcop.
> > > In particular, lists
> >
> > Hmm, good question.
> > Not sure this is possible through the commandline interface.
>
> Pity. :( It would be nice to add. Maybe something like:
> dcop someapp someFunctionThatTakesAList [element1, element2, ...element_n]

I had a look into the source of dcop and, suprise, the syntax is almost
exactly like that :)
The brackets have to be parameters of their own and if your shell uses them as
well, you have to escape them.

dcop someapp someninterface someFunction \[ element1 element2 element2 \]
It is also possible to use parenthese ( ) as list delimiters.

> > Which function do you try to invoke?
>
> I want to add a 'Send Email' servicemenu in konqueror that launches
> komposer with the file(s) I selected as attachments. I think the function
> that I want to execute is:
> int openComposer(QString to,QString cc,QString bcc,QString subject,QString
> body,int hidden,KURL messageFile,KURL::List attachURLs)
>
> which I got from running: dcop kmail KMailIface

If the dcop way doen't work out, you could use kmail's commandline interface.
kmail --subject "subject" --body "message text" --attach file1 --attach file2
"toaddress"

Maybe you need --composer as well.

Please report back if the dcop list thing worked as described.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>