man page for dcop

Chris Gow sniffy at rogers.com
Thu Nov 18 20:36:00 GMT 2004

On November 18, 2004 03:10 pm, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday 18 November 2004 20:10, Chris Gow wrote:
> > On November 18, 2004 01:22 pm, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > > Which kind of information did you try to look up?
> >
> > I would like to know how to pass arguments of different types to dcop. In
> > particular, lists
>
> Hmm, good question.
> Not sure this is possible through the commandline interface.
Pity. :( It would be nice to add. Maybe something like:
dcop someapp someFunctionThatTakesAList [element1, element2, ...element_n]

Of course, there is no type information associated with it so that probably
won't work :)

> Which function do you try to invoke?

I want to add a 'Send Email' servicemenu in konqueror that launches komposer
with the file(s) I selected as attachments. I think the function that I want
to execute is:
int openComposer(QString to,QString cc,QString bcc,QString subject,QString
body,int hidden,KURL messageFile,KURL::List attachURLs)

which I got from running: dcop kmail KMailIface

thanks

-- chris