kb3 problem

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 11:06:05 GMT 2004

Hi all
More problems following a suse update so I suspect that this is a kernel
issue. My kb3 will not write dvd's any more even though an optional update
included cd writing tools. These looked like they worked but k3b couldn't
eject the disc when it had finished and the disc was gash. K3b comes up with
"The buffer may take a long time to flush". This is the same as before the
new cd tools were installed - just took longer.  Are there any work arounds.
I want to do a clean installation and need to get all of my files off the
machine.

Thanks
John