kget problems

Howard Coles Jr dhcolesj at comcast.net
Sun Nov 7 14:07:08 GMT 2004

On Saturday 06 November 2004 03:21 pm, Zé wrote:
> Em Sábado, 6 de Novembro de 2004 20:27, o James Richard Tyrer escreveu:
> > The workaround is to copy the KGet entry from the K-Menu to the Autostart
> > folder by drag 'n drop.  If you do not want to have KGet started at
> > startup, then uncheck the box.
>
> And again i say that the problem is that is impolssible to save a file in
> konqueror when kget isnt running.
> And neither runs when you click in the Kget icon in the konqueror toolbar.
> this is a bug.
> I cant understand why you stay there talking about "It will save the file
> WITHOUT a window opening to ask you to select the directory where you want
> to save the file."
>
> Integration box is selected, konqueror cant put kget running, im forced to
> run kget manually.
>
> Did you understand now?
>
> Anyway i thank you for the interest.
> Other i want to remember is that the last patch you send to konqueror, the
> move window that dont shows information like the copy command, gives error
> when compiling.

Ze,  He understood before.  That is why he acknowledged the bug.  That is why
he said submit it.  KGet SHOULD run if you have integration turned on, but if
it doesn't you should use the work around he offered, or turn off
integration.

I have to ask if you know where the default directory is that kget would save
a file to, if it failed to prompt you and just saved it in the background?

I have noticed that you have been having a lot of problems with KDE lately,
and I'm wondering if your setup has gotten corrupted in a major way.  I don't
have any of these problems.  What distribution of Linux are you running?
--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.