kxkb shows Err

Pavel Avgustinov p_mailings at lithitux.org
Sat May 29 13:08:19 BST 2004

I have a similar problem, although the solution you describe doesn't
work for me. the kxkb kicker icon displays "err" - I'm not sure what
broke it, I *think* it happened after a dist-upgrade on my debian Sid
install.  Keyboard model is entered correctly, as well as 2 layouts.

The strange thing is that clicking on the kxkb icon still switches the
layout - but kxkb thinks something has gone wrong and displays the "err"
instead of the flag.

Trying to run the layout switch commands in a shell results in the
following error message:

pavel at helium:~$ setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout gb -variant basic
Error loading new keyboard description
pavel at helium:~$ setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout bg -variant phonetic
Error loading new keyboard description
pavel at helium:~$

But, once again, the layout is changed - inspite of the error indicated.

Regards,

--
Pavel Avgustinov