Kmail 1.5.3 to 1.6 (kde 3.1.3 to 3.2.2) - transferring settings

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.eclipse.co.uk
Thu May 27 21:18:28 BST 2004

I have installed KDE 3.2.2 from 3.1.3.  This brings a new version of Kmail
with it.  Unfortunately, the new version of Kmail does not read
~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc generated by the old version, so all my settings
such as logins and the long list of filters are no longer valid.  I do not
see why I should have to enter all this data again.

Is there a conversion utility for the kmailrc file?

At the moment, I have tried using Kmail 1.5.3 under KDE 3.2.2, but it is
liable to crash. Any cures?

TIA

Basil Fowler