Icon misplacement on a Xinerama Display

David Vestal david_vestal at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 21 22:23:09 BST 2004

I am having a problem, and I'm not sure exactly what part of KDE this would be
from. I am running SUSE 9.0, KDE 3.2.2, XFree86 4.3.x, and Xinerama.The
monitors are physically setup such that the second display is to the left of
the first display:

Monitor 2        Monitor 1
Display 2        Display 1

The main display that I use is Display 1, and Display 2 is mainly used for
reading docs or for viewing a fullscreen app that I am developing so I want
all of my desktop icons on Display 1. Every time that I load up KDE all of my
panels are correctly placed, but all of the icons are placed on Display 2
making me drag-n-drop them back to Display 1. If it matters, they are also
placed correctly on the Display 2 the way I want them, just on the wrong
display. I dont know if this would be a configuration error on my part or if
KDE by default places the icons on the left most display. Any ideas or
comments?

Once I have initially moved them everything works fine. This only happens when
I logout and then login to KDE again, which makes me think that it may be
some default placement setting??????

David