Konqueror/Java Applets/Servlet Session Cookies - Something not right

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri May 21 08:36:20 BST 2004

On Friday 21 May 2004 07:59, John Morris wrote:
> It'll be difficult to try an older version of KDE at this point.. I
> developed the applet with an earlier version of KDE, and it worked
> there, and on Windows using Mozilla or IE.. I didn't make notes then, as
> it just worked..

This is the strange point because AFAIK the JVM-Konqueror integration in older
version was even more incomplete.

> AFAIK, a URL opened by the applet should act the same as if it was
> opened by the browser itself, including session and/or cookie info. It

True, but cookies are handled at KIO level, the JVM does not use KIO slaves.
I guess same goes for session infos.
KJAS (KDE's java applet server) would need to provide URLConnection handlers
for at least http, but I guess developing them is not easy.

Anyway, you could get a more definite answer at kfm-devel, the Konqueror
developer list.

Cheers,
Kevin

--