Grip corrupted my desktop

Jeffrey Barish jeffbarish at starband.net
Mon May 17 16:55:46 BST 2004

Alexandre Aractingi wrote:

> Le lun 17/05/2004 à 17:33, Jeffrey Barish a écrit :
>> I tried running grip.  It gnome-ified my desktop.  Background colors
>> for alternate desktops are gone; there are now icons on the desktop
>> even
>> though I disabled icons in Control Center.  Does anyone know how I
>> can restore my kde settings?
>
> Did you run Grip alone or did you have a Nautilus instance running
> somewhere? I don't see how Grip alone can modify your desktop
> appearance...

I do not have a Nautilus instance running to the best of my knowledge (I
don't know what it is).

Grip copied the desktop to some location that I can't find.  It printed
a message that it had done this, but I didn't understand at the time
what it was doing so I didn't make a note of the new location.
--
Jeffrey Barish