Password caching in Konqueror

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Mon May 17 16:27:21 BST 2004

Hullo :)

I'm trying to get Konqueror to forget HTTP Basic-Authentication credentials,
and the second FAQ at http://www.konqueror.org/faq/ is "How do I tell
Konqueror to forget all the cached logins and passwords?".

Alas, the suggestion to 'kdesu -s' had absolutely no positive effect - I only
got

gdh at gdh:~$ kdesu -s
kdesu: ERROR: Daemon not running -- nothing to stop

And it's quite right, there's no 'kdesud' running. I looked around a bit
closer and found Control Center -> KDE Components -> Service Manager where I
see a Load-on-Demand service of 'KDED Password Module' which is 'Running'.

If I kill and restart 'kded' then all memory-cached passwords are indeed
forgotten, but there must be a better, less dramatic way of telling kded to
do this?

(KDE 3.2.2 using Debian packages from sid)

Cheers,
Gavin.