Konqueror and hidden files.

ddtl umail at km.ru
Mon May 10 23:04:33 BST 2004

Hello everybody,

How can I configure Konqueror to show hidden files as a default -
currently, in order to show hidden files, I have to enter a directory
and set "Show hidden files" - then Konqueror creates a special configuration
file called ".directory" where it saves the settings for that particuar
directory (in my case - to show hidden files), so that if you restart
Konqueror and enter that directory-hidden files would be shown. But if,
for example, ~/files/ directory is shown in a file listing and you set
View=>"Show hidden files", after that hidden files are shown only in
that particular directory, not in the other ones: if you change
to the ~/scripts directory, for example, hidden files won't be shown,
and that poses two problems: first of all I don't want to set
"Show hidden files" for every single directory on my PC. Also, I don't
have write privileges for most directories, which means that ".directory"
file could not be created there, and settings are not remembered.

Another problem with hidden files, is that even when "Show hidden files"
is set for a directory, hidden files are shown only in file list and not in
Navigation Panel's tree. For example, if ~/ has "Show hidden files"
set and it (~/) contains hidden directories, when you expand ~/ in
Navigation Panel's tree - only the usual directories are shown, without
the hidden ones.

Is there is a solution to that problem?

I use Konqueror 3.2.1.

ddtl.