kde and disc drives

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun May 9 08:41:59 BST 2004

Thanks Thomas,Robin and Esbin too but I'm a bit new here for that.

I'm still curious about the following bit:

On Sunday 09 May 2004 04:15, John wrote:
>This time I will install to the SATA's as
> separate discs but this will mean that I may well add additional IDE discs
> later. Does the system handle this. I often copy stuff across from old
> discs following an upgrade and I usually keep them for a while in case
> there is something I forgot. This means that discs come and go. Will the
> system handle this?

As an illustration.
I just removed a scsi dvd drive and controller card from this machine. On the
next power up KDE found new hardware. This is a dvd writer on ide that was
allready there working and configured. I now have 2 on the desktop. Will this
happen each time I remove something? How can I remove the ghost drive? Should
I have just ignored the add hardware pop up if I do something like this
again?

Regards
              John