kde and disc drives

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun May 9 04:15:27 BST 2004

hi
This may be a linux thing but I'm not sure. I would have thought that it would
handle this automatically.
If I browse the windows directory with konqueror I see discs c,d and e in
upper and lower case. The content of each upper and lower of a given letter
are the same. What's going on?

Also I am about to rebuild my system. When I installed Linux it wouldn't
recognise a SATA raid pair and treated them as separate discs. I used NOACPI
and it ignored them. This time I will install to the SATA's as separate discs
but this will mean that I may well add additional IDE discs later. Does the
system handle this. I often copy stuff across from old discs following an
upgrade and I usually keep them for a while in case there is something I
forgot. This means that discs come and go. Will the system handle this?

Thanks
 john