task bar and konqueror improvements

Pol mediadesk at linfe.it
Mon May 3 07:36:31 BST 2004

I would like several taskbars on my desktop, each collecting windows
matching a given string (a regular expression) in Window Name or Class.
It would allow me to keep together open documements according to the
editor name, the file name or the directory path name.
E.g. all open files in my directory ~/Notes could be collected by a special
task bar).

I woudl like these specialized taskbars could be placed on the desktop
and in the Konqueror horizontal bar as well.

I would like to customize string that Konqueror passes to the window manager,
to assign a more descriptive title to the window and to its relevant icon.
In particular, i would like to see the plain directory name, as Konqueror is
displaying contents, without its path and without the ending  '- Konqueror'
(that coud be replaced by a small logo)

Will it be possible, in a next KDE release?

thank you

--
Pol