problem of setting different backgrounds at virtual desktops

Xiaoshen Li xli6 at gmu.edu
Sat Mar 27 21:03:17 GMT 2004

Hi,

Recently I realized that if I set the backgrounds of my four virtual
desktop to different pictures, I can immediately know which desktop I am
working now by just looking at the background. So for the first time, I
set them differently. But now I found that doesn't work well. Sometimes
they are correct, sometimes they all are the same background. If you
move a GUI window away, the place the window covered will show the
correct background. It is a mess.

I am wondering if this is because new setting requires more computer
sources which maybe just over the limit my computer can afford to
support or just the program is buggy.

I use Red Hat Linux 7.3. (KDE 3.0 or 3.1, not sure).

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,
Xiaoshen